Benchmark Litigation, a publication of U.K.-based Euromoney Institutional Investor plc, has published its 2020 Edition profiling U.S. law firms. Berman Tabacco was ranked as a Top Ten Plaintiffs firm for the fourth consecutive year for its work “on behalf of individuals and institutions who have suffered financial harm due to violations of securities or antitrust laws.” The firm also ranked in the top category of Highly Recommended 2020 – the ninth time the firm has received the Highly Recommended ranking from Benchmark Litigation. In California, the firm was ranked as one of the top firms in the Plaintiff (in the top 5) and Securities practice areas and was among the top firms in San Francisco. A firm client remarked to Benchmark Litigation that “[a]mong plaintiffs’ securities firms, Berman Tabacco is top-flight.” And an attorney from a defense firm noted: “They have been ‘swinging for the fences,’ so to speak, and that’s a good thing. Plaintiff firms need to bring cases they believe in order for people like us to take them seriously. Berman Tabacco has been doing well with that.”
In addition to the firm’s rankings, six of the firm’s partners were recognized by Benchmark Litigation:
- Joseph J. Tabacco, Jr. was ranked as a California Litigation Star and Local Litigation Star in Antitrust, Securities, and Plaintiff practice areas.
- Norman Berman was ranked in the Securities practice area.
- Nicole Lavallee was ranked as a California Litigation Star and Local Litigation Star in Securities and Plaintiff practice areas.
- Todd A. Seaver was ranked as a Local Litigation Star and Future Star in the Plaintiff and Securities practice areas.
- Daniel E. Barenbaum was ranked as a California Litigation Star and Local Litigation Star in Securities and Plaintiff practice areas.
- Patrick T. Egan was ranked as a Local Litigation Star in Securities and Competition practice areas.
“We are honored that Benchmark Litigation continues to recognize Berman Tabacco for its dedication to achieving great results for its clients,” said Kathleen Donovan-Maher, Boston managing partner.